Idaho is the country's 14th-largest state, covering an area of 83,569 square miles (53 million acres). In its entirety, 82,643 square miles (98.9 percent) is made up of land, while the remaining 926 square miles (1.1 percent) is made up water (defined as inland lakes, Great Lakes water, coastal waters or territorial waters). Lands of America research shows that 32 percent of land in Idaho is privately owned. Recent Lands of America data pegs the average value of land for sale in Idaho at $20,592 per acre, which represents data from 804 ranches, farms and land parcels for sale at an average list price of $1,447,121 (the most expensive listing being for $29 million). The median listing size was 314 acres, with a maximum size of 95,000 acres. Among the 44 counties in Idaho, Lemhi County
featured the most listings, while Kootenai County
was the county with the most recent sales. According to U.S. Census Bureau data, Idaho had 24,816 farms totaling 12 million acres, placing the state at number 33 in the country in terms of the number of farms in the state; the state ranks 24th given the size of its farming acreage (Idaho ranks 37th when factoring total agriculture acreage as a proportion of the entire state).