This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED!! Here’s a beautiful farm located in a superb area for whitetails. I grew up hunting just down the road and actually harvested my first buck a ½ mile from this farm. This farm sits in a unique area of Ballard County. The property is gently rolling green fields, timbered fence rows and wooded creek beds that whined through the farm. Surrounding the farm are expanses of corn & soybeans fields with the same timbered fence rows and creek beds. What makes this area unique is how these wooded creek beds are major travel corridors for deer and turkey as they move in and out of the river bottoms to the west. The bluff dropping off into the bottoms is roughly ½ mile west of this farm. Every year as the confluence of the Ohio & Mississippi river rises into the bottoms, the deer and turkey will travel the wooded creek beds out of the bottoms. This farm is in the middle of a major connecting point for these travel corridors. This provides many good opportunities to pinch traveling deer down to ambush sites. For many years, I have watched the water rise in later winter and push new bucks up on top of the bluff. A few well placed late season food sources could hold these deer-tight to this farm and provide additional late season hunting opportunities. During the rut bucks will use these same travel corridors as they travel in search of does. To top it off, the farm has no road frontage and a south-east entry point which is perfect for November’s predominant North West wind direction. Electric, a Well and Septic are already established on the farm and there are several ideal locations for a building site. There is currently several acres in CRP paying $2,100.00/year. This CRP contract expires this year! If you’re looking for a farm with serious hunt ability, established utilities, and scenic building sites, give us a call today and schedule your own private tour!
- Gorgeous farm in prime deer hunting area
- This farm acts as a hub for local deer travel
- Timbered creeks and fencerows create several pinch points/funnels
- Rock bottom creek provides plenty of water for wildlife
- 28.59 acres of fallow fields provide bedding and cover for game
- This farm provides bedding while surrounding farms provide large crop fields for food
- There are several â??pocketâ?? fields that would make excellent food plot locations
- No road frontage
- This farm sits at the end of a dead end road
- Southeast entry point is great for Novemberâ??s predominant Northwest winds
- Multiple building sites
- Electric, Well & Septic on site
- 29 acres enrolled in CRP generates $2,100/year. Expires this year!
- 30 minutes to Paducah â?? 2 Â½ hours to Nashville â?? 3 Â½ hours to Saint Louis
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data