This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED!!! Prime whitetail hunting farm for sale in the heart of the Midwest! Check out these acres situated in southern Illinois. The farm is made up of 25 acres +/- of tillable land currently leased to a local farmer. This provides the new owner with an annual supplement income, as well as a year-round food source for the whitetail and turkeys. The majority of the remaining acreage is made up of mature white oak timber. The timber was recently appraised at $111,954 giving the new owner assurance of current timber inventory. There’s also a small patch of brushy cedars and thickets on the east side giving the deer good, winter thermal cover. Water is abundant with one pond ideally situated on each side of the farm. As you know whitetails need several quarts of water per day so having this available to them year-round is critical to growing and holding big deer. CRP fields border to the west, so the deer have plenty of bedding areas, regardless of the time of year. There is deeded access off of a paved road offering you easy access to the farm. If you have dreams of building a small cabin there is a great place just inside the property line. Not too many properties on the market today can rival this one!
- Prime investment property offering quality deer and turkey hunting
- 25 acres +/- open land currently a mix of farmland, food plots and overgrown pasture
- Deeded access off of a paved county road so the property has zero road frontage
- Located 15 minutes from Vienna, 2.5 hours from St. Louis, MO, 5.5 hours from Chicago
- Vienna, has several restaurants (fast food and local), grocery store, bars and gas stations
- See 2015 trail camera photos for an idea of genetics and quality of deer
- Timber cruise in fall of 2015 estimated timber value at $111,954. Cruise summary available upon request
- Property is enrolled in the Forestry Management Program (FMP). Program will transfer to new owner
- Two ponds on the property offer year-round water sources
- 2016 crop were soybeans
- Farm diversity: 20% crops/70% hardwood timber/10% cedars
- A patch of ginseng was found during the timber cruise
- 3+-acre food plot on the SE section of the farm
- Annual taxes$ 119
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Johnson County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.