This all timber-hunting tract is as solid as they get. The property sits off a dead end road creating a quiet secluded setting. The terrain is gently rolling with a mix of, mast producing hardwoods, Pines, thick bedding/sanctuary cover and several streams that provide water for the wildlife. Loaded with big rubs, scrapes, and trails, the farm serves as a major bedding area and central hub for the local deer heard. Surrounded by fallow fields and tree lines, there are several major travel corridors that lead into the farm from all directions. Access is from the southeast corner and is ideal for November’s predominant northwest wind. There are several areas that would make excellent food plot locations. Being that this farm has superb bedding habitat and is a hub for deer travel, the creation of a couple well place food plots would be a powerful improvement. There are multiple funnels for deer travel on the property. A major connecting point is on the northeast corner, but most notable is the funnel created by the rock quarry & the railroad in the northwest corner. Any cruising buck HAS to go around the rock quarry and this feature really pinches the deer down within range. The property has several ideal building sites with water and electric available right there at the end of Mt. Zion rd. 34.7 acres are enrolled in the CRP tree program (CP11) bringing in $2,315.00 annually. If you’re looking for a solid hunting tract to fill BOTH your Illinois buck tags, give us a call today to schedule your private showing, the 2016 season will be here before you know it!
- A stellar all timber hunting tract
- 34.7 acres enrolled in CRP â?? CP11 (tree program) paying $2,315 annually
- Covered in big buck sign!
- Owned by the same family since 1979
- The farm acts as a major bedding area/sanctuary for deer in the area
- The layout of surrounding farms makes this property a central hub for deer travel
- Notice the super funnel between the rock quarry and railroad
- Electricity and water available at road
- The farm sits at the end of a dead end road
- Access on the southeast side Ideal for Novemberâ??s predominant northwest winds
- Illinois is a two-buck state!
- Several areas are ideal food plot locations
- Multiple building sites
- 45 minutes to Paducah, KY â?? 2hrs. 40 minutes to Nashville, TN - 2 hours to Saint Louis, MO
- Taxes $16.88
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.