This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED!! Prime hunting tract with income! This tract has had minimal hunting pressure and been in the same family for decades. The farm is ideally located in the transition zone from big timber to agriculture. The area around the farm is vast agriculture on one side and a large expanse of timber on the other. With 43 acres tillable and just over 31 acres of timber, it has the ideal mix of habitat. The topography of the timbered ridges creates several natural travel corridors and pinch points. Proof of this is in the photos that reveal worn out deer trails leading from the ridge top bedding areas down to the row crops below. The timber is loaded with several species of mast producing oaks, a preferred food source in October. The secluded 2.5-acre field on the west side would make a perfect staging plot to lure mature bucks out before sundown.
This farm would also lend well to habitat improvements. Portions of the large crop field on this farm can be used to create several food plots. In years of corn, this could be left standing to create a screen around the plots and direct deer travel. Hinge cutting areas of the ridge top could also direct travel as well as enhance preferred bedding areas.
The Shawnee National Forest on the south and southwest sides borders the farm. This provides the opportunity to take advantage of the vast expanse of timbered ridges and hunt many more acres.
Don’t miss your opportunity to take advantage of this well-rounded hunting tract! Give us a call today to schedule your private showing!
- Great deer and turkey hunting farm in an area known for great hunting
- 43 acres of tillable provides plenty of food for wildlife and a great ROI
- 2016 crop income will be $3,500
- A secluded 2.5-acre field would make a perfect staging plot
- The timbered section of the farm is loaded with mast producing hardwoods
- The topography of the hardwoods creates several natural travel corridors
- Bordered by the Shawnee National Forest on the south and south west sides
- Illinois offers two-buck tags per year
- The east side of the farm is a travel corridor for deer headed to feed in the crop fields to the north
- The ridgeline on the south is a major bedding area
- Great tillable production with averages of 121.8 BPA for corn and 39.9 BPA for soybeans
- 1/10th mineral ownership conveys with property
- Annual taxes $135.78 as of 2015
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Gallatin County
- Gallatin County Properties by Type
- Residential Property in Gallatin County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.