This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED!! When hunting mature deer there are several ingredients that a landowner needs to have put together to consistently fill their tags. They are: being in a location where mature bucks live, terrain features to make them huntable, food sources, cover and water. This tract has it all. Twenty-seven acres of mixed rolling hardwoods provide great cover, food and travel corridors for the local deer herd. Several pinch points and funnels will put deer right in your lap if your stands are placed correctly. The remaining acreage is tall warm season grasses that provide cover for the trophy bucks and small game that abounds on the farm. With strategically mowed trails a hunter can further funnel deer through the farm and past their deer stands. Edgar County is one of the best-kept secrets in IL. It cranks out giant whitetails and fat turkeys every year. While driving around this immediate area the last couple of weeks I have seen multiple 160”+ deer feeding and chasing. The area is very good for giant bucks. Food sources surround this farm and the farm can be improved with a few well-placed food plots. Water is readily available as there are several small creeks that meet on the farm and anyone who hunts trophy bucks will tell you how critical creek bottoms are to a hunter looking to tie his tag on a wall hanger. This farm hunts way bigger than it is because of its cover, edge habitat and terrain. Multiple funnels make it huntable from any wind direction. This is an ideal farm for the trophy whitetail hunter or someone looking to have a family recreational piece.
- Affordable all cover tract with Income
- Roughly 27 acres of timber and 13 acres of CRP
- Great deer history
- The aerial shows that this farm is a great funnel from northwest to southeast, but deer come from everywhere
- Great cover and bedding in nearby areas and surrounded by crop fields
- Several trails throughout the farm
- Great area for trophy whitetails and big longbeards
- Several covy of quail and pheasant on the farm
- CRP is a very good stand of warm season grasses
- Gently rolling mixed timber with multiple terrain changes make great funnels and stand locations
- $2000 annual income from CRP
- Several small creek bottoms intersect on the farm
- Small cabin/shed on farm to store gear and stay in if needed
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Edgar County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.