This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED! Northwest Kansas is an incredibly unique region of the country for outdoorsman because of the many species of wildlife it has to offer throughout its fertile creek and river bottoms and rolling to rugged terrain. The distinct features of wooded creek and river bottoms winding through valleys complimented by native grass pastures and upland CRP fields creates a perfect habitat for both whitetails and mule deer, along with upland birds and rio grande turkeys. This specific property has many of these distinct features making it an excellent investment for taking a trophy whitetail or mule deer every year. With over 100 acres of tillable farm ground, a seasonal water source in the creek bottom, good timber cover, and rolling hills along the Southern border, this property has everything needed to hold all kinds of wildlife. The creek bottom is already home to numerous whitetails and mule deer and with the addition of a few annual and perennial food sources as well as cover crops, this property can be really special!
- Located less than 3 miles southwest of Wakeeney. 230 Avenue dead ends at the southeast corner of the property
- An attractive stretch of Big Creek winds through the northern portion of the property creating excellent habitat for deer, turkey, quail and pheasants. The creek bottom has adequate ground cover and is a natural travel corridor for all wildlife
- This property holds an excellent mix of both whitetails and mule deer. Both species have been present on the property each time Iâ??ve visited
- There are stretches of the creek bottom that are currently holding water. This seasonal water source combined with good timber cover, tall CRP grass, and several great cultivated areas for planting food plots make this a very desirable deer hunting property
- The property can be accessed from the southeast corner where 230 Avenue comes to an end. On the hillside overlooking the property from the South (about 150 yds from the entrance), there are some excellent spots for a shooting tower or ground blind overlooking the ag fields and creek bottom below
- There are several irrigated agriculture fields neighboring the property and in the general area. These productive crop fields compliment this property well and hold a lot of wildlife in this area
- I flushed out several pheasants when first entering the property and a large covey of quail along the creek bottom when I walked it for the first time
- 104.54 acres of tillable land that is all currently idle of any crop. 65.94 acres of Class II soils
- 30.2 acres of CRP grass that is enrolled through September 20, 2020. Annual payment is $861
- Electrical lines run to the property along 230 Avenue. There is power available on the property
- 100% of the mineral rights pass to the buyer
- NE/4 of Section 25, Township 12 South, Range 24 West in Trego County, KS
- Only 2 Â½ miles South of INTERSTATE 70; 32 miles West of Hays; 300 miles from Denver, CO; 300 miles from Kansas City
- Property is subject ot a farm lease for the 2016 crop year
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Trego County
- Trego County Properties by City
- Ogallah, KS Land for Sale
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.