Timber Creek Ranch represents an unusual opportunity to own both a significant fly fishing property and a wilderness ranch. Its 302 acres lie within the Beaverhead National Forest, nestled into a valley between the Snowcrest Range and the Gravelly Range. The ranch encompass over 2 miles of a spring creek like section of the Ruby River 26 miles south of Alder. Nearly one third of the ranch is irrigated and the balance is a pleasing mix of riparian corridor, native range, and pine and aspen groves. Most of the buildings were designed by Don McLaughlin, and the main ranch compound and guest house are historically accurate and rendered in exquisite taste in a beautiful setting as is the main house which is a very comfortable and more contemporary log home.
- Acreage: 302 strategically located deeded acres
- Location: 26 miles south of Alder, an inholding of the Beaverhead National Forest
Fishery: This unusual property includes over two miles of both sides of the Ruby River immediately below the entrance of a major spring creek which creates a spring-creek-like section of the river which fishes exceptionally well throughout the season
- Improvements: two homes, two cabins, barn complex with apartment includes an outstanding log owners home and architecturally designed and historically accurate ranch improvements
- Land use: one-third of the ranch is subject to flood or sprinkler irrigation with the balance made up of extensive riparian habitat, and timber and aspen groves
- Recreation and scenery: Timber Creek, as a year-round accessible national forest inholding, is surrounded by beautiful and surprisingly user-friendly mountain country great for riding, hiking or four wheeling however, the focal point of this ranch is the fishery which is outstanding
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.