This area has always had a strong history of cattle ranching dating back to the 1870s when settlers first inhabited the area with this idea in mind. Their plan was to establish large Angus herds to graze the rolling terrain of the northern portion of the county that borders either side of the Saline River. With its excellent grass, plentiful spring water, and large bluffs and cuts to provide protection for the cattle from the grueling north winds – this area was the perfect location. Many of the ranches that were established during the early to mid-1900s are still intact today and rarely become available for purchase. Located in the heart of this excellent grazing country is this parcel with excellent grass, multiple seasonal runoff ponds, rural water and commanding views that will certainly make you appreciate the unique beauty and history this area of Kansas has to offer. Some of the views from the hilltops reach far beyond the Saline River bottom that lies nearly 5 miles north of the property. This land offers plenty of grass for several head of cattle and even provides some good hunting opportunities with whitetail deer and turkey commonly on the property. This is not your average pastureland; so do not miss out on the opportunity to own this one of a kind property!
- Located exactly 3 miles north of Emmeram on 350th Ave. Only 12 miles northeast of Hays
- Nearly 320 acres of excellent pasture grass that has been managed very well by the current pasture tenant
- Multiple dammed runoff ponds that have been dug out to hold water seasonally
- Rural water available on the property
- Good hunting opportunities on the property with itâ??s rolling to rugged terrain and timbered cuts on the southern portion of the land. Deer and turkey are commonly present on the property. Tillable farmland scattered throughout the surrounding area holds wildlife in the hills of this property and neighboring tracts
- Excellent access and small corrals on the north end of the property along Severin Road
- This would be a spectacular location to build a country home with incredible views, only 15 minutes from Hays
- The entire acreage is subject to current grazing lease. BUYER WILL TAKE POSSESSION OF PROPERTY 30 DAYS SUBSEQUENT TO DATE OF CLOSING
- Property is to be viewed BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Legal Description: W/2 of Section 17, Township 12 South, Range 16 West of the 6th P.M. in Ellis County, Kansas
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.