This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
The team at Whitetail Properties is proud to announce the premium offering of the “Cross Ridge Ranch” in the picturesque Chautauqua and Cowley Counties of Kansas. The contiguous 2,895 acre Cross Ridge Ranch is a rare and exciting combination ranch with both world class hunting opportunities right alongside the outstanding Flint Hills grass that allows for a coveted grazing property. The ranch maintains a conservative stocking rate of 600 yearling steers for approximately 100 days per year from May to July, creating a nice income for the ranch owner. The weight gains on those steers have consistently averaged 3lbs per day in years past. The ranch also has productive tillable ground with about 105 acres currently in wheat crop. The property has ample natural water in two rock bottom creeks, with parts of both Rush Creek and also Rock Creek flowing in and along the property. There are also 11 ponds and an outstanding 25-acre watershed lake that sustains a healthy population of giant crappie’s, huge bass, bluegill, and catfish. The fishing on the 20’ deep clear watered large watershed, along with several other ponds, add up to excellent fishing opportunities. The hunting possibilities also are second to none with resident populations of quail, ducks, geese, turkey’s, and of course world-class deer hunting. The hunting pressure in the area is very limited surrounding the ranch as there are two very large ranches to the south and the west that do not allow significant hunting pressure. Both of those ranches are approximately 40,000 acres in size. The owners have taken a great expense in maintaining the age structure of the deer for trophy quality opportunities with food plots, permanent blinds, and feeders all in place. There is a very nice ranch house with 3,300 finished sq.ft. along with 5 bedrooms and 2 ½ baths. Right alongside the home is two guest cabins, a 1200 sq.ft.., 2 bed and 1 bath, and also a 275 sq.ft. 1 bed and 1 bath cabin. This ranch has been maintained on every level, from the fencing upgrades to the constant re-rocking of the interior road system, to the development of all the recreational possibilities, this ranch has got it covered. Oh, and if you want views that stretch across 20 miles of some of the prettiest Kansas landscape you have ever set eyes on, you had better come take a look at this. Call for more details or showing.
- Located 1 Â½ hours Southeast of Wichita; 1 1/2 hours Northwest of Tulsa; and 3 Â½ hours Southwest of Kansas City
- Sitting along the southern end of the Flint Hills region, this property offers a wide range of terrain changes from flat grasslands to extensive ridges and valleys
- Views on the Cross Ridge Ranch stretch for miles upon miles and will rival some of the best in the country
- Gated entrance provides security and privacy that leads to a 3,300 sq. ft. ranch house, two small cabins, and a barn with cattle facilities
- Extensive improvements have been made around the property including converting 105 acres of old tillable back to wheat in multiple fields, implementing an annual spraying program, and providing four food plots
- Along with tillable improvements, main roads have been rocked and new fence has been put in around the property
- Road system has been continually maintained and improved
- Grass is in great shape and has been strategically managed by limited grazing of no more than 600 head for 100 days from May to July for the last four years
- This past yearâ??s steers came in at an average of right at 3 pounds per day gain
- Deer hunting is exceptional, known for giant whitetails and has produced every year
- Perfect cover consisting of ample water, thick trees, and elevation, this ranch can be properly managed to grow big deer
- Two 40,000/acre ranches sit directly south and to the west of the ranch with limited deer hunting. Because of this, hunting pressure is minimal
- Multiple blinds, tree stands, and feeders have been strategically placed throughout for both gun and archery hunting
- Deer harvested here have been managed for age and have proven to
- Fishing is also exceptional
- One 25 acre watershed lake that is near 20â?? deep in spots that hold trophy bass, crappie, catfish, and pan fish
- Lake also offers tremendous waterfowl hunting as well
- 11 Other small ponds are located throughout the ranch acreage that also will provide more great fishing and waterfowl hunting opportunities
- Ample water throughout the ranch for both wildlife, and livestock
- Cross Ridge Ranch has historical annotations to its name as an old cross was planted on top the properties southern ridge many years ago to mark a church located deep in the valley
- Today, a 25â?? fiberglass cross sits up on the same spot, which is known as a place marker for many of the locals as it can be seen for miles.
- Some minerals will be included in the sale, a portion of the mineral rights have been reserved in a previous sale
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Chautauqua County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.