This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
Tucked into the cove, this pastoral 10-acre estate in Beaverdam Valley features 3 homes and total privacy, only 5 minutes from Merrimon Avenue. Enjoy the gated entrance, landscaped gardens, private walking trails and views to Mt. Pisgah. The main residence boasts log cabin construction with massive stone fireplace, vaulted ceilings, open floor plan and rocking chair screened porch. The spacious guest house plus rental home with separate entrance creates the ideal venue for a family compound, rental or investment property.
Gated Entrance | Located along a private paved lane just beyond the city limits, this property boasts a gated entrance with handsome stonework and a custom iron gate. As you enter the estate, youll hear the rushing waters of the bold mountain stream that runs along the property boundary.
Guest House | Accommodate your guests in style. This lovely 2-bedroom, 2-bath home features a lodge-style ambiance and open floor plan. Large windows offer panoramic views from all areas of the house. Youll appreciate the vaulted ceilings, bay windows, chevron wood paneling, sunny kitchen and French doors leading out to a private deck. The residence also includes a double garage on the lower level.
Gate House | The cozy 2-bedroom rental home was remodeled in 2009 with a new Ikea kitchen. The residence includes wood floors, fireplace, a porch overlooking stream and panoramic views, and a separate entrance directly off Lynn Cove Road. This home is sold as is.
Main Residence | With more than 4,400 square feet of living space and an open floor plan, the main residence provides the ideal space for family living. The home includes 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths. Sturdy log construction and a rustic mountain lodge ambiance complement the peaceful cove setting.
Living Room | The welcoming living room provides a bright open space with vaulted ceilings, large bright windows and three skylights. Here, youll enjoy the large native stone fireplace with Jotul wood stove, cherry hardwood floors, and chevron wood paneling. The log walls and exposed beams provide classic mountain character.
Kitchen | Remodeled in 2007, this enticing gourmet kitchen features granite countertops, cherry cabinetry with glass fronts, a large center island and Kohler stainless undermount farm sink. The appliance package includes LG SS refrigerator, Asko dishwasher and dual fuel Wolf stove with pot filler. Enjoy easy access to the dining area as well as direct access to the screened porch.
Dining | Conveniently open to both the kitchen and living room, this casual dining area features gracious picture windows which capture countryside mountain views. Notice the exposed beams and rustic antler chandelier.
Master Bedroom | The spacious master suite boasts cathedral ceilings, gleaming hickory hardwood floors and a bright walk-in closet with skylight. The room also features two walls of windows overlooking the Japanese gardens and private woodlands.
Master Bath | In the master bath, youll find handy His and Hers pedestal sinks, tile floors and a skylight. The separate room for commode and tub provides enhanced privacy.
Guest Bedrooms | The residence includes 3 guest rooms. The main level bedroom features large windows and French doors opening to the Japanese gardens. The upstairs guest room includes skylights. The lower level bedroom provides privacy and easy access to the outdoor hot tub.
Lower Level | The lower level provides a spacious family room with hardwood floors, wood paneled walls, outstanding stonework and a wood burning fireplace. This level also includes a guest bedroom, full bath and full walk-out to the hot tub. Youll appreciate the extra room for use as storage, office space or craft room.
Screened Porch | One of the highlights of this home is the long, rocking chair screened porch. This wrap around porch offers views across the estate grounds to the mountain beyond, all the way to Mt. Pisgah. Spend relaxing afternoons listening to the nearby creek and a symphony of birdsong.
Playhouse | Children of all ages will enjoy this quaint playhouse in the trees. Located just beyond the main residence, this whimsical space offers views across the Japanese gardens.
Grounds | The magical estate grounds offer a variety of natural environments from a bright, open meadow to meticulously landscaped gardens and rich, shady woodlands. Featured in Southern Living Magazine, the Japanese gardens feature two delightful acres with winding paths, a koi pond, waterfall, gazebo, sprinkler system and landscape lights. Youll find a variety of mature trees including red maple, blue spruce, dogwood and Japanese maples. Enjoy numerous colorful plantings from rhododendron and azalea to mountain laurel and a variety of perennial grasses and flowers.
Walking Trails | The estate includes private walking trails winding up into the cool of the mountains. From this pristine and private woodland, youll hear only the birds, the breeze and the bold mountain stream.
The Possibilities | With 3 homes, 10 acres, no deed restrictions and an idyllic countryside setting only 5 minutes from downtown Asheville, this mountain estate offers numerous possible uses. The property is a wise investment property ideal for a family compound, vacation rentals, long term rentals, or retreat center.
Summary of Features
* Built in 1979
* 4 bedrooms; 3 full baths
* Approximately 4,400 square feet of living space
* Log home construction with mountain lodge style ambiance and bright, open floor plan
* Security system
* Hardwood floors with cherry on the lower level and hickory in the master suite
* Welcoming living room with vaulted ceiling, native stone fireplace, Jotul wood stove, cherry hardwood floors, skylights and chevron wood paneling
* Gourmet kitchen remodeled in 2007 featuring granite countertops, LG SS refrigerator, Asko dishwasher, dual fuel Wolf stove with pot filler, center island, cherry cabinetry
* Casual dining area open to kitchen and living room boasts large windows with mountain views
* Spacious master suite with cathedral ceiling, hickory hardwood floors, bright walk-in closet and bay windows overlooking Japanese gardens
* Master bath with His and Hers pedestal sinks, tile floors, skylight and separate room for commode and tub
* 3 guest bedrooms, one on each level
* Lower level with family room, stone fireplace, wood paneling and ceilings, plus extra storage space
* Long rocking chair screened porch overlooking hot tub, estate grounds and mountain views
* 2 bedrooms; 2 baths
* Handsome mountain lodge construction
* Vaulted ceilings
* Large south and southwest facing windows provide bright, sunny rooms
* Panoramic views from all rooms in the house
* Private deck overlooking Japanese gardens
* Double garage on the lower level
* 2 bedrooms; 1 bath
* Separate private entrance on Lynn Cove Road
* Wood floors
* Porch overlooking the stream and panoramic views
* Remodeled in 2009
* New Ikea kitchen
* Sold as is
* 10 acres with meadow, gardens and woodlands
* Views all the way to Mt. Pisgah
* Gated entrance with stone columns and iron gates
* Bold rushing mountain stream
* Meticulously landscaped grounds
* Childrens playhouse
* Koi Pond with gazebo
* Gardens featured in Southern Living Magazine
* Prime location in the idyllic Beaverdam Valley area of North Asheville
* Provides peaceful, countryside living only 5 minutes from Merrimon Avenue
* Easy drive into downtown Asheville for shopping, dining and the arts
* Only 5 minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway
* Located in the county, with county taxes and no deed restrictions
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Buncombe County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.