This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED!! This Waterville area farm has everything a first-time farmer needs to get started. It lies near Dry Hollow where the thick forested bluffs of Eastern Allamakee open into the fertile ag and timber mixed hills in the central part of the county. The 1144 square foot ranch has been renovated as well as the barn with a few projects yet to complete. The 32 acres of mid 50 CSR tillable is currently being rented at $185 per acre and could possibly be expanded into more acres. The timber has a large population of walnuts of all ages including mature harvestable trees. The farm has been used to raise multiple types of livestock in the past and could quickly be converted back to that purpose. The 3 ponds on the property assure wildlife and potential livestock adequate water sources. The farm’s current owners have been managing it for trophy whitetails, which has become another revenue source on the farm. The terrain allows the farm to hunt very large for its size with more than average stand locations in proven spots. A large part of the timber has been designated as sanctuary with very little human intrusion allowed. This is a very important feature not always practical on a farm of this size. Mature bucks have been documented on the farm consistently including the harvest of a 190 class animal on the East end of the farm (not currently listed but available under certain terms). The sellers are very flexible and will consider splitting acres as well as adding additional adjacent acres (info upon request).
- Tillable rents for $185 per acre
- Close to Yellow River State Forest and the Mississippi River
- Similar distances from Waukon and Lansing, Iowa and Prairie DuChien, Wisconsin
- Inactive quarry on site is currently an active food plot (very cool area)
- Multiple funnels from surrounding big timbers
- Renovated ranch home and barn with several other outbuildings
- Attached and detached garages
- 3 ponds on property, one is spring fed and a landscaped pond near the home
- Farm may be split or additional adjacent acres added under right terms
- Other potential building sites with awesome Northeast Iowa views on property
- Most images on this site from this farm and adjacent acres - see the website deerhuntsiniowa
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Seller for more information.
Other Land for Sale in Allamakee County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.