This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
This farm has everything a sports-minded investor or farmer needs. It lies near Dry Hollow where the thick forested bluffs of Eastern Allamakee open into the fertile ag and timber mixed hills in the central part of the county. The 1144 square foot ranch home and the barn have been renovated, with only a few projects yet to complete. The 90 m/l acres of mid 50 CSR tillable is currently being rented at $185 per acre and could possibly be expanded into more acres. The timber has a large population of walnut trees of all ages. The farm has been used to raise multiple types of livestock in the past and could quickly be converted back to that purpose. The 3 ponds on the property assure wildlife and potential livestock adequate water sources. The farm's current owners have been managing it for trophy whitetails, which has become another revenue source on the farm. The terrain allows the farm to hunt very large for its size with more than average stand locations in proven spots. A large part of the timber has been designated as sanctuary with very little human intrusion allowed. This is a very important feature not always practical on a farm of this size. Mature bucks have been documented on the farm consistently, including the harvest of a 190 class animal on the east end of the farm. The sellers are very flexible and will consider dividing the property. Call today.
- Auction location: Allamakee county fairgrounds 705 Allamakee St NW, Waukon, IA
- This 220 acres is scheduled to be sold in 4 different tracts at public auction.
- Auction Date and Time. Dec 15th 2016, 10AM "auction location off siteâ??
- This auction is being marketed in conjunction with High Point Auction Company
- If you would like more information on this auction please call Brent at 319-240-7707
- Great combination farm with excellent hunting and crop history in scenic Northeast Iowa
- Similar distances from Waukon, Harpers Ferry and Lansing Iowa and Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin
- Excellent investment opportunity
- New CRP contracts are in place and available upon request
- Attached and detached garages
- Semi-renovated ranch home and barn with several other outbuildings
- Hay ground (30 acres approximately)
- Other potential building sites with awesome views on property
- Farm may be split under right terms
- Multiple funnels from surrounding big timbers
- 3 ponds on property, one is spring fed, a pond near the barn would benefit livestock and a large custom built pond can be stocked with desired fish
- Inactive quarry on site is currently an active food plot (very cool area)
- The property has several mature apple trees
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Seller for more information.