Completely surrounded by Poison Springs Wildlife Management Area, this former thoroughbred race horse facility is truly a rare find. The existing barn, tack room, paddocks, and storage are just waiting for you turn them into a rustic lodge. The unique location of the property inside the WMA provides you almost unlimited opportunity for deer, turkey, squirrel, rabbit and hogs. The tract has pasture land, pines, upland hardwood and an actual cypress brake all on the same ownership. This diversity allows you to slip out the door before first light into a deer stand overlooking a feeder and small food plot then head out in the evening to catch the mallards and woodies sailing through the cypress and oak trees as they settle into the open water of that natural cypress brake. In spring, when the buds begin to break and the Cardinals are singing, those old toms will start looking for receptive hens. Those thundering gobbles can be heard from just about every hill top and crossroads of the 22,000 plus acre Poison Springs Wildlife Management Area. Come summer, a five-minute drive to Starne's landing will allow you to launch onto the Lower White Oak Lake for some bass or crappie fishing. If you’ve got a little more time, the Upper Lake is only 15 minutes away. The property has direct access to Highway 24 and is only about 10 minutes from Chidester and only about 30 minutes from Camden. Access to Interstate 30 is only about 30 minutes West at Prescott. This is a very special piece of God's creation that’s location makes it the perfect base camp for year round recreation! Call and schedule an on the ground tour before it gets away!
- Free hunting on Poison Springs Wildlife Management Area, no permit required
- Fishing on both Upper and Lower White Oak Lake is available just around the corner
- The frame of a custom lodge/home is already on site in the horse barn
- A bunkhouse or meeting hall could be developed in the garage
- The pole barn has secure, lockable storage suitable for several ATV's, boats or other equipment
- Chidester and Camden are just minutes east of the property
- Electricity, natural gas and water are available on site
- Easy access from Interstate 30 less than 45 minutes
- Lockable storage near gate could be used as income producing boat or vehicle storage
- Trail cam pictures were taken off site near the management area
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.