Resting high above the Roaring Fork Valley lies the pristine and private Black Bear Ranch. This 902-acre recreational ranch, with its lush alpine woodlands, offers a wilderness setting adjoining public lands, yet is only 20 minutes from Glenwood Springs and within an hour from Aspen. Fed by two streams, the 20-acre private lake has valuable water rights and is a sanctuary for wildlife including the resident swans, moose, trophy elk and deer. The property features a custom two-story, 3-bedroom and 2-bath log home with wrap-around deck that is off grid and self sustaining, powered by its own solar array. Set on a protected knoll above the lake, the home provides southern exposures and panoramic views of Mount Sopris and the Raggeds Wilderness, affording direct access to thousands of acres of forested lands for summer and winter recreation.
* One of the largest recreational ranches available in the Roaring Fork Valley located just 6 miles from Glenwood Springs, and approximately 40 miles from airports in Aspen and Eagle (Vail).
* Direct access to the White River National Forest via the adjoining BLM land, affording thousands of acres of endless recreational activities including hiking, horseback riding, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
* Includes a 20 +/- acre pond, offering fishing for brown and rainbow trout.
* World class fly-fishing just down the road in the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork Rivers.
* Improvements on the ranch consist of a charming and off-the-grid log cabin with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
* Incredible trail system on adjoining White River National Forest with over 120 miles of improved and maintained trails leading from the ranch and reaching across three counties and two additional National Forests.
* Located in Unit 43, known for its big bull elk and world-class trophy mule deer hunting, a record 250+ inch Boone and Crockett buck was harvested nearby.
* Nearby Glenwood Springs is known for its world famous hot springs, spas, resorts and hotels, shops, banks, restaurants, hospital and championship golf courses.
Contact Ken Mirr for more information.
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data