PRICE REDUCED!! Enjoy life on the farm with this homestead in one of the most beautiful areas that Southern Illinois has to offer! The property features a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home sitting up on the hill. Large decks on the outside of the home create a wonderful place to relax after a hard day of work. Inside the home you will find a breathtaking floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace. Visually, this serves as the centerpiece for the living/dining area. Functionally, it also heats the home on those chilly winter nights. The full basement downstairs is being fully utilized. There is a great storage area off of the living room, perfect for storing your out of season belongings. The master bedroom is upstairs in the lofted area. There is a cute little walk out balcony off the master, creating the perfect spot to sip a glass of wine and watch the sun go down. Outside the home there is a 2-car detached garage. It has a great workshop area in the front. And beyond that is a pole barn, perfect for a couple of horses or several cows. There is a fully functional catch pen system for working cattle. Nearly all of the property is fenced but if you wanted to run livestock there would need to be some repairs made. A solid, gravel driveway meanders through the center of the farm. This gives you great access from the home to the back of the farm, which is over 1 mile away. In years past, this farm has produced several Boone & Crocket class bucks with the largest harvest being 184". And turkey hunters take note. This place is absolutely covered up with wild turkeys. Hunt, fish and farm all on this large farm, just outside of Golconda. Give me a call today and we can tour the property and the area. I can promise, you won't be disappointed.
- Gorgeous 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home nestled in the rolling hills of Southern Illinois
- 95 acres of pasture with the remainder of the acres in timber
- Adjacent to the Shawnee National Forest along the Pope/Hardin County line
- Two-story home with lofted master bedroom and a full, finished basement - Room Dimensions: MBR - 25' x 16', Bedroom #2 - 11' x 13'8", Bedroom #3 - 10' x 15'4"
- Large wrap-around porch with an 18' x 24' deck on the back overlooking the farm
- Beautiful floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace in the center of the home, visible from many angles
- Pole barn measures 32' x 56' with enclosed tack room inside and lean-to's on each end of the barn
- Detached 2-car garage with small workshop area and lean-to on the rear of the garage
- 2 ponds on the property and the owner states there are large catfish, crappie and bass
- History of big bucks and turkeys - largest deer harvested was 184"
- Open land is gently rolling and suitable for hay or row crops
- Close to Garden of The Gods, Shawnee National Forrest, the River to River horse trail, and many other tourist attractions for the outdoor enthusiast
- Annual Taxes: $2,556.72
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Agent for more information.
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.