This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED! Welcome to waterfowl hunting paradise! Prime location, water availability, and the means to control it make this a can’t miss opportunity for anyone looking for a turn-key waterfowl honey hole. Located in the heart of the McPherson Valley Wetlands, this farm sees an abundance of migratory birds year after year. The water is surrounded by heavy native grass cover along with both wild barnyard and drilled Japanese millet, and as a result offers up the perfect combination for a surplus of pheasant as well. If you are looking for a consistent hot spot for waterfowl hunting with proven production, it simply doesn’t get any better than this. The saying goes, “If you build it they will come”. Here, the work is done, so now it’s time to have some fun. Please contact the listing agent for your private showing.
- Just a short 50 minute drive northwest of Wichita, 20 minutes southwest of McPherson and 5 minutes from Inman
- The McPherson Valley Wetlands have historically been as important to migratory birds as the Cheyenne Bottoms, which is 60 miles west. The McPherson Valley Wetlands once covered over 9,000 acres with over 52 marshes stretching 48 miles from McPherson to Valley Center. Today, there remains over 1800 acres and 51 wetlands making this a consistent stop for migratory birds
- A truly turn key waterfowl hunting property, The Agri Drain water control structure allows total control of the water at your finger tips. Six flood gates can easily be placed and removed
- This farm is a genuine Oasis, an abundance of food, water and cover generate fantastic opportunities for the next owner to hunt not only waterfowl, but pheasant, dove and whitetail
- Irrigation well is powered by a Ford 300 natural gas engine and Amarillo right angle gear head
- Irrigation well is permitted for recreational use, yearly water alottment is 123 acre feet at 750 gallons per minute
- Approximately $160k of dirt work has been put into this property in order to be able to manage the water for hunting
- Large pool is 14.07 acres and smaller pool is 7.85 acres
- As we move into the 21st century, water and water rights are becoming more and more valuable, owning a viable water source has lately become an investment strategy as local municipalities are looking for ways to keep up with the growing demand
- Two duck blinds are included with the property
- Property is less than two miles from Kansasâ??s largest natural lake, Lake Inman
- Property is permanently in WRP
- Owners in tact water and mineral rights pass upon closing
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in McPherson County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.