PRICE REDUCED! Being located between agricultural fields to the SE and a big, unbroken tract of woods to the northwest gives this property a leg up when it comes to whitetail potential. A very respectable 152 2/8" buck harvested on this property made County Record book reality in '95. That buck was there because of the way this property is geographically situated. Recent management decisions combined with additional future measures have the potential to make harvests like that record book buck an annual thing. Mature maple with limited value to wildlife has been harvested from one of the middle 40s of this acreage. Good cover and forb growth have resulted from the increased sunlight penetration. Some additional management techniques applied to this section of the property could make this piece of ground a consistent trophy producer. This middle section is sandwiched between a large food plot with several small auxiliary plots equalling about 9 acres on the south 40 and heavily timbered ground with a small 1/4-acre food plot opening on the north 40. The south 40 is heavily timbered with the current owner in the process of clearing a potential building site. Running in and out of the property along the west line is approximately 2000 ft. of frontage on Maggee Creek. Touching over half of this property's perimeter is a large tract of County Forest which connects directly to an even larger tract of National Forest. The large plot currently has standing corn with so many heavy runs criss-crossing it that I'm surprised they haven't installed stop lights. All kidding aside, the amount of sign indicates a good sized herd utilizing and relating to this field. In addition to Whitetail, the area has excellent turkey and small game hunting and is actually known for its giant black bear. Maggee Creek is a class ll trout stream and the boat launch for excellent Musky producer Augustine Lake is just down the road. You won't find too many properties available for purchase with this much healthy deer herd producing diversity combined with user-friendly improvements. This well managed and well thought out piece of land can be yours.
- Proven trophy whitetail producer
- Internal road system
- Electricity on property
- Over 2000 feet of frontage on Maggee Creek a class ll trout stream - approximated with county website measuring tool
- 9 acres of established food plots - approximated with county website measuring tool
- Partially bordered by County Forest with connection to National Forest
- Located near Glidden which is known as the "Black Bear Capital of the World" home of a 10'7," 665lb. bear taken back in 1963
- Only minutes from the boat launch for musky producing Augustine Lake
- Within 15 minutes of The Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Augustine Creek Hunter Walking Trail, the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, and miles of ATV/snowmobile trails
- Potential timber value on south acreage
- Numerous improvements in progress or completed: food plots, building site, TSI
- Approximate distances according to Mapquest: Glidden 5 miles; Duluth, MN/ Superior 105 miles; Wausau 125 miles; Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN 185 mi.; Madison 260 miles; Chicago, IL 395 miles
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Seller for more information.
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.