This ranch is the perfect example of a combination hunting and grazing ranch that are very popular in the Gyp Hills of Unit #16. A large ranch with a very good solid mix of 298 tillable acres and numerous covered draws that are home to giant bucks and coveys of quail. The ranch has been grazed and farmed for many years and will sustain a good income of approximately $20,000 per year although the leases are currently open so the new owner can do whatever is desired. The 298 tillable acres are typically in wheat but may be mostly be in milo and alfalfa in 2016. The deer quality in this area is exceptional due to the genetics and the age structure as this ranch is surrounded by several large ranches, most of which have limited hunting pressure. Just to the east of the ranch lies Mule Creek which runs along the Barber County and Comanche County border and is well known to be a hot producing area for trophy bucks. The ranch is very secluded but does have a gravel road access through the center for great access points for hunting and also ranching. There is rural water to several tanks on the property to ensure that there is always tank water for cattle. In addition, there are several ponds on the property for cattle and wildlife. This ranch has been grazed lightly and therefore, the grass is in excellent condition for cattle and quail habitat, deer bedding etc. There are numerous pockets and draws that have good quality cover for deer and there have been 4 food plots placed strategically throughout. There are also five 650 lb Rednecks feeders on the property which are located next to ponds and or food plots. Great all around combination ranch for hunting and income, located in a great whitetail genetic area just on the western edge of the Gyp Hills.
- Located on western edge of Gyp Hills in between Medicine Lodge and Coldwater in Unit #16
- Just 2 1/2 hours from Wichita, 3 hours north of Oklahoma City and 6 hours Southeast of Denver
- Great combination cattle and hunting ranch with good quality grass and 298 tillable acres
- Ranch sits just west of Mule Creek and in a great genetic area for Boone and Crockett quality bucks
- Several water sources including several ponds and water tanks supplied by rural water
- Numerous draws for bedding cover, 4 food plots, and 5 Red neck feeders provide numerous hunting options
- Quail in this area are on the rise, large coveys are becoming the norm and this ranch has them
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.