Tillable farms of this size rarely come up for sale in the Missouri Valley Region of Western Iowa. The DeSoto Farm has more than 340 acres of income producing tillable ground with a solid ROI. Situated along 1.5 miles of Missouri River frontage and between a Federal Refuge and State Wildlife Management Area, this farm has unbelievable waterfowl hunting potential!!! You can shoot your limit of ducks in the morning on the Missouri River backwaters and follow that up with a limit of geese in the afternoon in the cut corn fields! This farm is on the “X” for waterfowl as it lies on the edge of both the Mississippi and Central flyways. If you’re looking for a great land investment with unreal waterfowl hunting, call me to schedule your private showing of the DeSoto Farm today.
- 342.44 FSA crop acres with a weighted average CSR2 of 60.1 per 2015 Agridata, Inc.
- There are two separate tracts, a north 63.2 acre tract and a south 372.21 acre tract being sold as the entire DeSoto Farm
- 25.8% of all crop acres consist of Haynie Silt Loam and 20.2% are Grable Silt Loam with 0-2% slopes
- Corn base 204.19 acres and corn yield 135 bushel
- Bean base 138.01 acres and bean yield 37 bushel
- The Missouri Valley area is known for its highly productive soils and very flat fields that make farming these properties very profitable
- Tenant farming agreement in place through 2020
- This farm provides a minimum 2.9% ROI with built-in yearly increases through the 2020 farming season - exact income details will only be shared with pre-qualified buyers
- Easy equipment access to the property off of the hard surface road DeSoto Avenue and the gravel road 110th Street
- An Army Corp built dike protects the property from excessive flooding of the Missouri River
- Just over 1.5 miles of Missouri River frontage provides exceptional waterfowl and fishing opportunities
- This property is situated right on the edge of the Mississippi and Central flyways and borders the DeSoto Bend National Refuge and Nobles Lake State Wildlife Management Area. This area is loaded with waterfowl and could be managed for exceptional waterfowl hunting providing additional income to the property
- Located 2.5 miles off of I-29 and less than 20 miles from Council Bluffs, IA and Omaha, NE
- Seller will retain 100% of mineral rights
- More property images coming soon
- Property showings by appointment only
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.