This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED!! This property is just too incredible to clearly describe the magnitude of woodland, native prairie and wetland restoration this property has undergone over the last 15-20 years. With hundreds and hundreds of existing or planted trees, established native prairie grasses, plants and wildflowers and the wetland and waterfowl areas, this property contains habitat diversity and an ecosystem hard to find anywhere. The pride and commitment the owner has dedicated to preserve and improve an amazing conservation area can clearly be seen once you step foot on the property. It is located on over three miles of winding frontage on the Pecatonica River. This is a stocked river system supporting walleye, large and smallmouth bass, as well as bluegill, crappie, catfish and the occasional northern pike. The diversity of the tree, plant, animal, bird and waterfowl life that inhabits the property is amazing but understandable based on the diversity of the terrain. In addition to a deeded access easement off a neighboring farm, there is a long gentle grass drive off Farm School Road, turning to a tree lined lane to enter the front of the property. From there you'll experience the trails past the large areas of natural prairie you can image existed in a time when bison and elk roamed here. The trip around the property will also take you along the river, through large and small patches of woods, flooded timber, ponds, creeks and brush up to an elevated wooded ridge with steep bluffs giving you an awesome view to the expansive, picturesque landscape. While a great deal of the property is in a WRP program to insure the conservation preserve-like qualities of the property, five to six acres have been set aside in CRP for a potential building site for a cabin, lodge or homesite. Preservation and conservation are just some of the benefits the owner of this property will enjoy. Limited hunting has been allowed in the past and it obviously has produced some great quality whitetail deer. Having the habitat for dozens of furbearing animals, upland game and waterfowl, there is also plenty of available food sources from agricultural land adjacent to this property. As part of any good conservation program, the hunting of deer, squirrel, rabbits, pheasants, turkey, doves, coyotes in addition to ducks and geese are readily available. Don’t miss the opportunity to own this large riverfront gem of an outdoor, hunting, conservation, nature preserve and land owner’s dream property.
- Incredible and extensive woodland, praire, wetland and river ecosystem restoration program
- Dozens of different species of trees, including 5-6 types of oaks and many other hard and soft wood
- Unbelievable biodiversity of tree, plants, wildflowers, animals, bird, fish,amphibians and waterfowl
- Over 3 miles of frontage of winding frontage on the Pecatonica River
- 10 to 12 miles of conservation friendly nature trails
- A large portion of property in a managed WRP program with some land available for future cabin/homesite
- Approximately 100 miles from downtown Chicago and an easy commute to Milwaukee or Madison
- Property is only 5 - 6 miles from the Illinois/Wisconsin border
- Hunting, fishing, hiking, cross country skiing, camping, trapping, bird watchingâ?¦â?¦.you can do it all and more
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Seller for more information.