This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
End of the road privacy awaits you on this gorgeous farm! Behind a locked gate lies one of the most well-balanced investment/hunting farms on the market in southern Illinois today. The farm is comprised of 130 acres of tillable land with the balance in timber. A drive around the farm proved that there are over 7 miles of field edge, giving the deer plenty of natural border to feed and travel. This spreads out the food source as well so you can hunt different areas of the farm under different winds without ever over-pressuring the herd. If you can picture this then you will understand the layout without ever stepping foot on the farm: the ridge tops are planted in lush row crops and the valleys between ridge tops are all timber. It's that simple. The timber is a mix of hardwood and hard maple species. Owner reserves the timber rights at closing. Timber to be cut with all proceeds going to the current owner. If buyer wishes to purchase the property with timber rights, then the asking price will be $965,000. Power and water are available near the entrance of the farm. There is a great place to build a home or cabin. Or it would be ideal to set up a place to connect to campers if that’s more convenient. Farms of this size with good income are rare in this part of the state. Give me a call today and we will take a look at an excellent hybrid farm.
- Tillable farm with excellent hunting in one of Southern Illinois' finest areas
- 121.8 BPA weighted corn average and a 39.9 BPA weighted soybean average
- Owner reserves the timber rights at closing. If buyer wishes to purchase the property with timber rights, then the asking price will be $965,000
- Located 30 minutes from Cape Girardeau, MO; 2 hours from St. Louis, MO; 3 hours from Memphis, TN
- Hunting lease generates $8,700 annually
- 2016 crop lease will generate $13,000 in annual cash rent
- Annual ROI with crop income and hunting lease is 2.2%. With a select timber harvest it would become 2.4%
- Ideal building site with electricity and well hookup available; with no intrusion on the hunting
- Frey Lane (gravel) borders the property to the South and provides great access
- Illinois Crop Productivity Index rating of 90.7
- Multiple ponds spread out through the entire farm offering year-round water
- Rolling topography with over 7 miles of field edge
- Annual Taxes: $1,162.48
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Agent for more information.