Have you ever dreamed of owning low-pressure private land with trophy potential like you might hunt on a guided hunt? Well here is your chance. Superior Guides and Outfitters of Ashland is offering a portion of their secluded hunting land for sale! This land has supported a full time hunting operation for nearly a quarter century. I have personally hunted this land in the last 6 months and can attest to the trophy potential it hosts. I witnessed a 600# black bear rifle kill there last year while on my own guided hunt. The owner is a full-time guide and has employed select harvesting of high age class bucks and bears since opening the operation in the early ‘90’s. One look at the trophies on his website and on his wall will attest to the trophy opportunities that abound in this area. When I toured the extensive trail system, I photographed numerous established deer trails weaving into and around swamps and popple slash, as well as established bear baiting stations. There were also many scrapes and rubs which indicate a vigorous November rut. There is ample forage for deer to eat, which maintains a very healthy population. The Bad River Drainage does not receive the high amount of snowfall that areas around it receive, which minimizes winter kill so these deer grow old. The Indians knew this and set up their sacred hunting grounds here thousands of years ago. Why do the bucks grow so large? For two reasons: first, minerals leach out of the nearby Penokee Mountains and travel down the Bad and White Rivers and deposit themselves in the rich soil. These same minerals are transferred from the browse to the deer as they eat and the result is heavy beamed, chocolate stained racks that Northern Wisconsin is known for. Second is the extremely low pressure. The Guide has nearly 15,000 acres on which to place clients and, therefore, the pressure is extremely low. These bucks have a chance to reach that magical 5th year when their skeletal system has reached maximum growth and now all the calcium is deposited in their rack. This land looks exactly like Saskatchewan without the travel! And the bucks are as big. The owner tells me he has a very healthy buck:doe ratio at 3:1, which results in a lot of activity when clients spend the day in the November woods. Over the years, hunters in these same woods averaged 7-20 encounters of trophy 140”-160” class deer per 5-day hunt. These deer are from the Northern Wisconsin sub species and they grow into large frame bucks. To those who have hunted lower latitude deer even the does appear huge! The kills on his walls and the pictures of past clients attest that you will have a crack at the trophy of your dreams. There was a select popple cut 10 years ago that has resulted in an explosion of browse and thick bedding area. Since this is in the Bad River and White River drainage system, there is no shortage of water. In fact, we used a 4wd ATV to traverse the miles of trails and encountered some hairy swamp crossings. This is exactly the terrain that holds and grows trophy class bucks in the north woods. A cleared site off Government Road is ready for your cabin. The current owner even offered to help you general contract the build if you want. Can it get any better? If you are tired of the crowds and want to finally have a crack at a trophy buck, then you owe it to yourself to check this land out. It is very unique and an outstanding opportunity.
- Lowland bush, upland soft wood mixed timber, tag alder swamps, very secluded
- 14 miles from Ashland, 8 miles from Bad River Indian Casino, 84 miles to Duluth, 198 miles to Minneapolis/St Paul, 423 miles to Chicago
- Currently owned by Superior Guides and Outfitters who have ran a full time guide service since 2002 with years of trophies for happy clients
- 14 miles to the shores of Lake Superior that hosts a world-class smallmouth bass fishery as well as the Apostle Islands
- 10 miles to famous Copper Falls State Park and thousands of acres of Chequamegon National Forest offering endless hunting opportunities
- Surrounded on three sides by the Bad River Indian Reservation, which does not allow non-Indian hunting access
- Literally hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails that can take you all over Northern Wisconsin and into the U.P. of Michigan
- Two nearby airports in Ashland, Wisconsin and Ironwood, Michigan
- Whitecap Mountain, Wisconsinâ??s largest ski area, is less than a 30 minute drive away
- Current owner has offered to general contract a cabin build at a negotiated price not associated with this sale
- Gravel road access with a building site already cleared
- Extensive trail system with 3 permanent elevated box blinds, a 20 ft. ladder stand and two hang on stands already in place
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Seller for more information.
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.