This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
Wouldn't you love to own a turnkey hunting farm with food plots, QDM history, and a secluded cabin in the woods? The only thing that would make it better is if it backed up to a large private fishing lake! Here it is, 217 wooded acres bordering a large lake that only you and your neighbors have access to. The lake is roughly 60 surface acres and this farm has about 1/2 mile of frontage making up about half of the western shore line. There is a boat ramp near the dam open to all owners for boating and fishing. The property is about 1 mile from the blacktop down a private easement for the ultimate seclusion. The small cabin will allow you live off the grid with water provided by a 1000 gallon cistern with dual filtration system and electric via a generator with battery backup. The cabin is very comfortable and attractive with an open floor plan down stairs, laundry room, bath room and 2 bedrooms up stairs. The owners have been managing the property intensively over the last 4-5 years clearing and planting 5 food plots and a fruit orchard. While working to increase the nearby age structure only 1 buck has been harvested in the last 4 seasons. This past season multiple mature bucks were using the property as evidenced by trail cam pictures. In addition to clearing plots and installing a road and trail system, the owners have completed a Timber Stand Improvement Plan (TSI) through NRCS which will allow the middle aged stand of hardwoods to grow more quickly over the next decade increasing the value of the timber substantially. TSI also provides sunlight to the forest floor producing cover and food for the deer and other wildlife. There is a comfortable shooting house on the large food plot which stays but all other tree stands will be removed at closing. Other than bringing your stands, this is a turn key hunting farm where someone else has done all the work and you get to reap all the rewards.
- 1/2 mile frontage on a private 60+/- acre watershed lake with boat ramp
- 2 year old 900sf cabin with 1000 gallon cistern, septic system, and generator with battery backup
- 5 established food plots including a 4 acre destination plot in the heart of the property
- A fruit orchard with 12 trees consisting of different varieties of pears producing at different times for season long attraction
- Elevated shooting house on the large food plot
- Well establised internal road and trail system
- Recently completed 3 year Timber Stand Improvement (TSI) plan
- Some marketable timber
- Multiple small watering holes and a creek that stays wet most years
- Property has excellent topography with naturally created funnels
- Logan County consistently leads the state in the total number of turkeys harvested in the spring
- 2015 was a record setting year for the total number of deer harvested in Logan County with a steady upward trend since 2009
- 45 min to Bowling Green; 1hr 30 min to Nashville TN; 2 hrs to Louisville; 6 hrs to Atlanta, GA; 8 hrs to Pittsbugh, PA
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Logan County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.