Trophy whitetail, waterfowl, and turkey hunting is what this Mississippi River bottom farm offers. Located less than 1 mile from the confluence of the Kaskaskia and Mississippi rivers. The fertility of the soils definitely helps the deer grow larger and the ample water sources and natural flyways bring in the waterfowl. The farm consists of 261 acres enrolled in the WRP program along with the balance of the property in timberland and slough. The property offers a great trail system making it easy to access the 10 plus acres in food plots, stand locations, slough, water impoundment, well, and sandbar along the mighty Mississippi River. The private trail to the secluded sandbar gives the property summer time recreational opportunities. It feels like you are on your own private beach, I had to take five and enjoy the natural sounds and beauty the sandbar offers while I was there. If you are looking for a versatile, economically priced farm with great hunting and recreational opportunities then this property is worth looking at.
- 5 minutes southwest of Ellis Grove, 15 minutes northwest of Chester, and 1 hour southeast of St Louis
- 261 acres enrolled in WRP, balance of property in timberland and slough
- Great deer, turkey, and waterfowl hunting opportunities
- 10 plus acres of food plots just planted, and many tree stands set up and ready to hunt. Deer tracks are everywhere on the property
- One 3-acre water impoundment with shallow well next to it for pumping water. The slough attracts a lot of waterfowl as well and only goes dry in severe droughts
- Good trail system throughout the property
- Trail leads to secluded sand bar along the Mississippi river, very tranquil and relaxing area
- Property is less than 1 mile from the confluence of the Kaskaskia and Mississippi rivers, which is home to the Kaskaskia River Project Lock and Dam. This includes 15 campsites with electric hook ups, vault comfort stations, boat ramps and picnic shelters. This is a great place to camp while enjoying the property
- Great opportunity to control and manage many acres the way you want at a low price
- Real estate taxes are $400 per year
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.