This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
The state of Kansas is considered to still be an up-and-comer as serious waterfowl hunters go. For those who have already been hunting the hot areas in Kansas, they can tell you first hand it can be as good as it gets. This property is owned and managed by the group at “Hooray Ranch” who have been featured on several outdoor hunting television shows and have quickly gained the reputation of being the premier waterfowl hunting destination lodge in Kansas, and quite simply in the entire country. They have taken this property for its location and developed it into one of the only waterfowl properties, with controllable and sufficient water, within the interior frame of the Quivira National Wildlife Refuge. The property lays just several hundred yards from the actual refuge property lines. This property boasts 4 separate impoundments that add up to significant bird hunting options with several blinds already in place. The impoundments also lay in a direct flight line between the two biggest roosting lakes in Quivira, the Salt Marsh lakes. There are 2 wells that feed the impoundments with levee’s, risers, and drain pipes in place for water level control. We have not even spoke of the world-class quality deer hunting. This property has consistently produced deer in the B&C class including several over 180” and even 190”. The age structure of the deer here is the key along with the Quivira genetics that have combined to make this a very special property for giant bucks. There are several food plots and stand sites already in strategic locations so the new owner can hit the ground running. The mineral rights are intact, produce some nice income with several existing wells, and will transfer with the surface. Please call listing agent for more information.
- 40 minutes West of Hutchinson; 1 Â½ hours Northwest of Wichita; 6 hours East of Denver;
- Four duck impoundments, constructed and maintained for waterfowl hunting
- Duck impoundments lay directly between Big Salt Marsh Lake and Little Salt Marsh Lake, creating a flyway between lakes
- 1 pit blind and 1 stilt blind are in place for waterfowl hunting
- 2 irrigation wells and water control structures on each of the 4 impoundments for control over water levels
- Property lies on the interior of and is surrounded by the Quivira National Wildlife Refuge
- Numerous world-class whitetails have been taken on this property including several that have been featured on outdoor television
- Several food plots, stand sites, and feeder locations have been established to optimize the deer hunting potential
- Quivira National Wildlife Refuge does not allow public deer hunting creating a sanctuary for producing some of the best whitetail genetics and age structure in the state
- Quivira is also known as one of, if not the best, area for waterfowl hunting in the state of Kansas
- This farm is an outdoor mecca presenting opportunities for giant gobblers, mature whitetails, tons of waterfowl, and a fair amount of upland game throughout the year
- 100% minerals rights are believed to be intact and will transfer with the surface
- Legal Descriptionâ?¦S Â½ of Section 9 and the SE Â¼ of Section 8 in T-22-S, R11-W
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Stafford County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.