If I could create the ideal hunting farm for the avid outdoorsman this would be it! This farm offers prime turkey hunting, great early-season waterfowl hunting and some of the best trophy whitetail hunting in this part of the country. Strict hunting policies the past decade have led to a well-balanced deer herd with superior age structure. Also, the fact that one of the neighbors owns 3,500 acres and does not allow any hunting means the deer are not pressured. Take a quick glance at the trail camera pictures to get an idea on the genetics in this area. Large mainframe 10’s, tall tined and heavy 8’s, non-typicals and one funky “cactus” buck call this property home. Many of these pictures are from the 2015 velvet season so there are several Illinois bruisers to chase this fall. The farm has great access on the west side from Raleigh Lane (dead-end lane). Comprised of mostly timber this farm is laid out in the shape of a “C.” There is a ridge running along the west side that wraps around to the south giving it that “C” shape. In the center of the farm stretching to the northeast corner, is low-lying, fertile, creek-bottom ground. This is where several food plots are planted. The owner maintains and manicures this farm with a 100hp cab tractor so all of the internal access roads are plenty wide. Grab a hunting buddy and let’s take a look because this farm is priced right. Call me today and we can take a walk!
- Prime deer hunting habitat with multiple food plots, thick timber and big ridges
- Large slough bordering which offers good early season waterfowl hunting
- Borders Vienna Correctional Facility that is a 3,500-acre property off-limits to hunting
- All wooded tract with several creeks-steep ridges and pine thickets
- 7 bucks over 150â?? have been taken the past 12 year and the biggest scoring 171â??
- One of few farms with excellent deer, turkey and waterfowl hunting
- Water is ample either by Cedar Creek or the large slough on the south side
- Raleigh Lane borders the property on the west side-giving you excellent access
- Old railroad bed on the propertyâ??s east side allows good access north to south
- Strict management policy the past 12 years allowing bucks to reach potential
- Over 20 ladder tree stands will transfer to the new owner
- No structures on the property but several building sites for cabin/lodge
- 7+ areas for food plots to attract deer and turkeys
- 15 minutes from Vienna â?? 2.5 hours from St. Louis, MO â?? 5 hours from Chicago
- Annual taxes: $416.78
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.