This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
Here is a rare opportunity to own a larger farm right across the Illinois River from famous Pike County. This farm has lots of cover for big Illinois river bluff bucks to call home and hide. This farm has tons of terrain with a diversity of habitat that creates the ideal habitat for the giant bucks Western IL is famous for. A great internal road system allows you to easily access all parts of the farm and slip in undetected by the local deer herd. Several strategically placed food plots and lots of hardwood trees provide plenty of food for the deer herd and are excellent staging areas prior to feeding in the river bottom at night. Rolling hills, steep valleys, creek bottoms, brushy hillsides and a couple CRP fields make fantastic habitat for all wildlife. There is enough cover to hunt several friends at the same time and never see the same deer. Turkey and mushroom hunting are excellent as well.
- 90% timber on this farm provides tons of cover for trophy bucks
- 2 accesses from the main road
- Great trophy whitetail and turkey hunting
- Internal road system allows for easy access to stands and food plots
- Several potential home or cabin sites with easy access to rural water and electricity
- Diverse habitat with thick bedding areas, hardwood ridges, thick creek bottoms
- Multiple funnels and travel corridors created by the ridges and valleys
- Situated on the Illinois River Bluffs with several scenic views overlooking the river bottoms
- This farm is the last of the cover before reaching the river bottoms
- Deer and turkey hunters dream farm
- Enrolled in a Forest Management plan to keep taxes low and improve forest health
- Only minutes from Jacksonville or Pittsfield
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Scott County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.