This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
This is an incredible opportunity to own a property that offers the very best hunting and a building site with a phenomenal view of the Illinois River Valley that stretches for miles! The secluded and private access from the Illinois River road winds up the bluff to a building site that you must see to truly appreciate. City water and electric are on the property, and can be ran to the building site if you choose to build your dream home or hunting lodge. 50 tillable acres provide steady annual income and the perfect food source for the dense deer and turkey population. The timber is mature and marketable and the property has not been select cut for over 25 years. The hunting pressure on the property has been low for many years allowing the bucks that call this farm home to reach maturity. There is a large landowner to the west and Godar State Wildlife Refuge to the east providing excellent connecting habitat. You’ll be able to watch ducks and geese land and fly out of the refuge by the tens of thousands! Only a couple miles away from the amenities present in Hardin, and a 45 minute drive to St. Louis make this an ideal place to call home or a convenient getaway.
- Incredible building sites and views
- Top-notch deer and turkey hunting
- Property has been had minimal hunting pressure for many years
- 50 tillable acres provide $6000.00 of annual income
- South access from IL River Road, north access from McCauley Road
- City water and electric on property
- Adjacent to Godar Swamp State Wildlife Refuge
- Large adjoining landowner to the west
- Small pond
- Several seasonal creeks
- Tillable acres in a corn/bean rotation, this fall being planted in winter wheat
- Property has not been logged since 1988 so there is a significant amount of marketable timber present
- Located north of Hardin, only a 45 minute drive to St. Louis
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Calhoun County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.