A parcel of land built for whitetail deer and turkey hunting. The owners have had a 1 buck rule for over 10 years and have done serious QDMA management on this land. Some true trophy deer have been harvested over the last several deer with sightings of multiple younger bucks every hunt. The deer numbers on this land are remarkable. The 262 acres directly to the north are owned by Central Michigan University and the State of Michigan Board of Education and have been for many years, thus, there is a true sanctuary where zero hunting takes place ever. The deer from this sanctuary travel in and out of this farm on a regular basis and the rut are even more exciting with bucks not seen all year showing up regularly chasing does. The turkey population is off the charts as well, during my walk of the ranch I saw well upwards of 50 birds, with many mature toms in the mix. The potential moving forward with this land is unlimited when it comes to hunting. There are many elevated blinds and tree stands throughout the property covering many of the travel routes, bedding and feeding areas. The land rolls from large hardwood ridges to the thick pine and swampy bottoms and valleys. With excellent cover and large mast trees as well as some great bedding and fawning cover, it is hard to beat what this land has to offer. A quick four wheeler ride through it will answer all the questions you can think of.
- Hardwood ridges, excellent mast trees with acorns, thick bedding and fawning areas with an excellent deer population
- 262 acres on the north border that has not been hunted in at least 17 years acting as a true sanctuary
- Many elevated blinds in key locations
- Close to towns and expressway, it is on Rt 10 and 10 minutes from I-127
- Close to Clare and Cadillac and Mt pleasant as well as Soaring Eagle Casino
- Ability to select cut timber in the future for a significant profitâ??â??
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data