This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
PRICE REDUCED! This is one of those hunting properties that simply produces big bucks and provides great hunts year in and year out. But don't take my word for it, look at some of the pictures and be sure inquire about the current hunters offer to continue leasing the hunting rights. This provides everything that a giant Ks bruiser needs regarding habitat, food, and structure. This rough and wooly property has an option the option to add an additional 40 acres if desired. There is a live creek providing year round water and acts as a travel corridor guiding deer through the property from the surrounding area. There is thick timber, excellent bedding cover, and over 50 tillable acres that are secluded in the center of the section and surrounded by cover. There are 3 ponds providing good fishing and water for cattle. The balance of upland pasture ground was purposely allowed to become overgrown to provide a more attractive habitat for wildlife. The owner decided long ago that even though he had great deer and turkey hunting, the deer hunting would greatly improve if he let the pastures go “wild”. Currently, the pasture ground generates income from grazing, at $120 per head for a cow-calf pair, (40 head) and could be cleared rather easily. Or you can continue with what the owner started, and allow the ground to continue to be overground with cedar trees, natural browse, thickets, brush, etc. The current farmer agrees to continue farming on thirds (1/3, 2/3), but if you prefer, he will leave your third standing the field for the wildlife, or harvest and put your share into the grain bin on site to use to fill your feeders. The property is fully fenced and cross fenced and cattle ready. There is a very high density of turkey and deer, with good quail hunting opportunities as well. Not to mention morel mushroom hunting in the spring. This property has an old house with electric, but no water and no septic. There are several barns and sheds on the property as well to store your equipment, feeders etc. For more info on this property, and its income potential via hunting leases, agricultural and cattle rental etc., please give Billy O’Connor a call today at 785-766-2382.
- Option to buy an additional 40 acres if desired
- Secluded entirely from the roadâ??
- History of trophy deer harvested off this farm
- Approx. 51 acres tillable, with option for current farmer to either leave your 1/3 standing, or place in a bin on site to fill your feeders
- Additional income potential from current hunters who want to continue their lease on a long term basisâ??
- Old house with electric, no water, No septic. Selling AS IS and considered of no additional value
- High density of deer, turkey and various other native wildlife
- Year round water from a live creek, and several ponds
- Several, barns, sheds, and bin on property
- Fenced and cross fenced, cattle ready
- Taxes are approx.. $1800 per year
- 1.3 hours from South Kansas City
- Approx. 15 minutes southwest of Garnett
- Nearest town to the east is Welda
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data