With respect to hunting and recreation, you would be hard pressed to lay out and locate a property any better than this one. A nice mix of evergreen, hardwoods and softwoods surround approximately 6 acres of centrally located ponds and marsh. A very well constructed road system with intermittent openings for food plot potential rings the property with a nice buffer of woods between the property borders and the road and between the pond areas and the road. With the internal road layed out like it is, the property can be accessed while leaving the pond and marsh area as bedding or sanctuary space. Add food plots to the openings in the road and you will have quiet access to stand locations in the woods between the sanctuary and food plots or between the food plots and the destination fields beyond the property borders. This set up affords the savvy whitetail hunter the option to hunt a variety of times and scenarios throughout the day. Three separate tributaries of the Raspberry River dissect the property, and it is bordered on the north by thousands of acres of Bayfield County Forest. What a set up! You can hunt the abundant ducks and geese that frequent the property in the morning, spend the midday hours hunting upland birds and small game, and then settle into your stands for an evening whitetail hunt all on the same property. If you're looking for a change of pace, the property is located in the heart of all the natural beauty and recreation that the Bayfield peninsula provides. This property is within minutes of The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, the Sea/Ice Caves, Little Sand Bay Recreational Area, Bayfield and Madeline Island, fishing on Lake Superior and numerous trout streams, downhill and cross-country skiing, and miles of ATV/snowmobile trails. The best thing is it's already layed out and located for you. All you need to do is make it yours.
- Frontage on State Highway 13 with access to telephone and electricity
- Well constructed internal road system with two permitted 3' or larger culverts installed
- Property has been surveyed both around the perimeter and internally
- Property enrolled in MFL open since 2010
- Areas of property may perk for conventional septic according to current landowner (verification recommended if material)
- Several tributaries of the Raspberry River dissect the property
- Approximately 6 acres of ponds and marsh as measured on the Bayfield County mapping site
- Bordered on the north by thousands of Bayfield County Forest acres
- Located minutes from National Forest and Lakeshore, Little Sand Bay Recreation Area, fishing and boating on Lake Superior, numerous trout streams, Meyers Beach and the Sea/Ice Caves, Cornucopia, Bayfield fruit farms, Bayfield and Madeline Island, Mount Ashwabay Downhill Skiing, and miles of ATV/snowmobile and x-country ski trail
- Approximate distances according to Mapquest: Bayfield, 8 miles; Duluth, MN/ Superior, WI 70 miles; Wausau and Eau Claire, 194 miles; Minneapolis/St.Paul, MN 221 miles; Milwaukee, 380 miles; Chicago, IL 465 miles
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Seller for more information.
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.