Lee Towhead Island, located along the Mississippi river in the Bootheel of southeast Missouri, comprises of a true island on the river. The challenges that come with making the boat trip across the slough to get to the island are all well worth the effort when you get there. With the fertility of the river bottom soils added to the seclusion and bedding habitat that this island offers, you have the perfect combination to hunt B&C caliber whitetail year after year. The fact that this property is in the Mississippi Flyway and already has the water control structures in place make this place the ideal waterfowl destination as well. Let's not forget the great turkey hunting opportunities either. The island has a nice campground already in place which makes it easy to enjoy extended stays as it is or it offers a great lodge building site with great views of the river as well. All equipment is in place and included to maintain this island in the great shape it currently is in. This is also a great timberland investment that is ready for an immediate timber harvest if the new owner desires. If managed properly this islands timber can be harvested every 10 to 15 years. If you are looking for a large land investment that offers you world class whitetail, waterfowl, and turkey hunting opportunities year after year at an economical per acre price then you need to check this island out.
- Lee Towhead Island along the Mississippi River
- 12 miles north of Caruthersville, MO; 18 miles northwest of Dyersburg, TN; 1 hr north of Memphis, TN
- 3.5 hours south of St Louis MO; 10 miles from Reel Foot Lakes Game Management Area
- Island is approximately 2/3 marketable timber with the balance in open fields, food plots and water impoundments
- World Class Trophy whitetail, waterfowl, and turkey hunting opportunities all in one property
- Property is set up and turnkey as a hunting paradise, all equipment on site included
- Equipment on site includes a John Deere 460J Bulldozer, 2012 Jayco 38 ft Designer 5th wheel camper with 2 slideouts, 4 seat diesel Kubota UTV w/cab, 2 seat Kubota UTV w/cab, 60 hp 4wd Kubota utility tractor, large storage container, 2 disks, tiller, brushhog, seed drill, sprayer, spreader, trailers, fuel tank, boat and trailer, generator, etc.
- Hunting equipment includes 4 Redneck blinds, 15 or more ladder stands, 2 large floating waterfowl blinds, water control structure, 2 wildlife feeders
- Food plots are over the entire island, deer sign is everywhere
- Located in the Mississippi Fly Way for waterfowl
- Economically priced, great timber land investment with good ROI if managed properly
- Dirt mound built on Island elevated high enough to store all equipment out of the flood plain during 100 year flood events
- Beautiful views of the mighty Mississippi
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Seller for more information.
Other Land for Sale from
- Pemiscot County Properties by City
- Hayti, MO Land for Sale
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.