This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
Located in the Pleasant Valley Region, this scenic farm has everything you could possibly want in a recreational property and more. The combination of terrain change and habitat diversity makes this farm set up and hunt like a dream. On the north side of Willow Road is approximately 55 acres, 14 acres of which are enrolled in CRP and provide good cover. To the east of the CRP field is THICK bedding cover, some of which you literally have to get on you hands and knees to go through, giving it extremely good holding power. The trails through these bedding areas are incredible. There is an open field on the east side that has scattered brush with trails crisscrossing to and from bedding areas. In addition to the thick cover on the east, the west side of the property naturally funnels deer north and south along with additional bedding habitat. The deer trials are absolutely worn out, taking the guesswork out of trying to figure out travel patterns. Follow the tails south across Willow road to the remaining 131 acres and you’ll find an abundance of quality habitat. 14.2 acres of tree plantings provide great cover and a natural travel route along the Plum River. With over a half mile of Plum River frontage there is no shortage of water. Head across the river and the deer trails are still visible even when the grass is waist high. On the south side of the Plum River are 10 acres of tillable and nearly 50 acres of CRP. The property naturally funnels to the south into thick bedding areas near the field’s edge. Take one look at the connecting habitat and you’ll see this is one of those farms this county is famous for. Walking around the property you will notice a large amount of walnut trees. They could provide immediate and long-term return on you investment in addition to the annual rental income. The far north end of the property is mixed hardwood timber and the deer trails running through it are incredible. There isn’t a place on the farm that you can find a worn out deer trail and feel confident about killing a big mature whitetail. In addition to the top end hunting opportunities, this farm also offers various other recreational opportunities. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to own one of Northwest Illinois’ finest hunting farms. Give me a call today for more information or to schedule a showing.
- Approximately 55 acres located on the north side of Willow Road and approximately 131 acres located on the south side of Willow Road
- 10 acres are currently being farmed and are rented for $200/acre
- 14.2 acres currently enrolled in CRP through 2024 paying $301.36 per acre or $4,279 annually - these CRP acres are all located between Willow Road and the Plum River and are enrolled in a wetland restoration program
- 60.9 acres currently enrolled in CRP through 2019 paying $127.14 per acre or $7743 annually - 14 acres are located on the north side of Willow Road and the balance is located on the south side of the road
- Total annual farm income - $14,022
- Good building site with great views of the countryside
- Property is very accessible
- Great food plot locations
- Everything you could ask for in a hunting farm - worn out deer trails, thick bedding areas, good connecting habitat, food sources, water sources
- Great building site with views across pleasant valley
- Excellent deer and turkey hunting
- Property is enrolled in a forest management plan
- Over a half mile of Plum River frontage
- Marketable timber
- 10 minutes from Stockton, 3 hours from Chicago, 1 Â½ hours from Quad Cities
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Jo Daviess County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.