Rare opportunity to own a contiguous, income-producing tract prime whitetail country in Southern IA. This big farm has all the wildlife habitat this area has to offer and has a great track record of trophy whitetails. Dead end roads and huge sections provide the privacy and seclusion it takes to grow and hold mature bucks. The food plots are in, the stands are in place, and the farm is full of trophy whitetail. Wild turkeys are tremendously abundant on and around this farm. Big farms like this don’t come up for sale very often especially in Southern IA. The farm is less than an hour from Des Moines International airport.
- Turn-key, trophy-managed farm no â??through roadsâ?? in a huge section
- Giant tracts like this are few and far between and rarely come on the market
- Diverse and ideal mix of habitat including thick creek bottoms, mature timber, thick native grasses and CRP, tillable, south-facing slopes, secluded fields, established food plots and more.
- Tillable and food plots provide plenty of food for wildlife
- Tower blinds in strategic and proven locations
- Designated sanctuary areas are fenced off and provide security for mature bucks
- Farm is adjacent to some of the largest blocks of timber in Southern IA
- Excellent strategically placed food plots
- 118 acres of productive tillable currently in alfalfa/hay
- 50.41 acres tillable has been cash rented for $200 for a potential income of $10,082
- Additional hay ground rents for $125/acre for a total of $8500 annually
- Over 500 acres of pasture can be rented for $50,000 annually
- 26.6 acres of CRP pays $3102 annually until 2021
- Total potential income approximately $71,684
- Pasture ground is high quality for grazing with the presence of abundant trefoil and other legumes
- Good fences allow for rotational and seasonal grazing for cattle â?? hunting sanctuaries are fenced off
- Filter strip CRP along creek provides ideal thick cover with trees and grasses
- Dead end roads with virtually no traffic
- Quality deer-managed area with like-minded neighbors
- Trail system throughout for good access with equipment, truck or ATV
- Rural water throughout farm for potential building sites, cabin sites or RV/campground
- 5 box blinds and 3 custom box blinds are in place over established food plots
- 16 ladder, tripod, portable tree stands go with sale and are set in proven ambush sites
- 15 established food plots and 5 â??harvest plotsâ?? are in and planted to corn, soybeans, brassicas and clover and ready for hunting season
- Excellent track record of trail cams and trophy whitetail harvests â?? see pics
- 10 minutes from Chariton, less than 1 hour from greater Des Moines and Des Moines International airport, 2 Â½ hours from KC
Call agent for directions.
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.