Located in Anderson County, just under 20 minutes from Palestine, Texas, J&L Ellis Farm is a 4 house breeder farm positioned on 139 acres of improved property with several income producing opportunities.
This farm is currently operating under contract with Sanderson Farms and boasts consistently improving financials that are available upon request. The current flock is on track to break records for this division of Sanderson Farms. Chicken house construction was completed in December of 2014 by D&B Distributors and includes:
- 4, 500ft x 45ft breeder houses
- 80 % of cool cells recently replaced and almost new
- Diesel incinerator w/ 350 gal fuel tank
- Taylor backup generator with Perkins moter and 1000 gal fuel tank
- 2 x 6" wells which tested at 260 gpm EACH using a 50 HP motor for exceptional water delivery (currently producing 80 gpm each w 5 HP motor which is plenty for the poultry operations. With motor upgrade these wells could easily be used for irrigation as well).
- Fully equipped staff restroom including septic system
- Property is currently Ag exempt
- Minerals: None owned and none will convey
- Electric Company: Trinity Valley Electric (Co-op)
- Cattle working pen and loading chute will convey
In addition to the highly productive wells, this property also has community water with meter already on-site.
The entire 139 acres is fully fenced and fencing is in good condition including isolation fencing separating the poultry farm operations from the rest of the property. Chicken farming operations occupy approximately 10 acres of the property with 80 acres of pasture currently being used for cattle grazing and would provide additional income if leased. The approximately 50 acres remaining is heavily treed and is currently being used as hunting land which would also provide additional income if leased. There are multiple stock tanks on the property providing plenty of water for livestock and wildlife.
The 2 full time staff on this farm are very experienced, live within walking distance to the property and have made it clear that they would like to stay on with the new owner.
This farm is a Bio Secure area and all visitation must be scheduled and approved by the listing agent. Potential buyers must be pre-approved for financing prior to viewing the property. If potential buyer needs assistance locating a financial institution familiar with poultry farm lending, please contact listing agent for guidance.
The following GPS coordinates will take you directly to the property entrance: 31.812309, -95.880766. All site visits must be scheduled with listing agent and listing agent must accompany all visitors.
Fenced for Cattle
Private Water Co.
Type of Fence
Property Tax Exemption
Road Frontage Desc
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.