With roots in the Miller-Lux cattle empire of the 19th century, this expansive cattle and hay operation is located in the Malheur River basin of eastern Oregon near the small ranching community of Crane, an hour southeast of Burns, Oregon. The ranch encompasses 52,445+/- deeded acres and nearly 100,000 acres of Bureau of Land Management (BLM) land under grazing permit to the ranch. With an emphasis on premium beef production, the ranch currently runs 1,525+/- breeding cows plus bulls and produces excess hay on 1,500+/- acres, including 1,125+/- acres under nine center pivots. Abundant water features and improvements include reservoirs, year-round creeks and streams, irrigation and stock-water wells, springs, ponds, playas, and range developments. The ranch is modestly but practically improved with employee housing, equipment storage, barns, shop buildings, and cattle facilities including a 750-head permitted backgrounding lot. The ranch is home to an array of western wildlife and the owner is eligible to receive up to eight landowner preference tags to hunt elk and deer on the ranch. There are also strong populations of chukar and California quail, and the reservoirs offer excellent largemouth bass fishing. Hall and Halls management division has provided professional oversight of the ranch since 2008 and is available to work on behalf of a new owner to manage the ranch under a long-term arrangement or as part of a transition strategy. The 2,230+/-acre JMK Ranch unit of McEwen Ranch and Cattle Company, located 10 minutes north of Crane and consisting of 1,125+/- irrigated acres under nine center pivots, is available for purchase separately for $4,500,000. Please contact the Broker for more details on this separate offering.
- Large, profitable cattle and hay ranch in eastern Oregon one hour southeast of Burns
- Encompassing 52,445+/- deeded acres with multiple adjoining BLM grazing allotments
- Running 1,525+/- cows plus bulls
- Producing excess hay on 1,500+/- acres, including 1,125+/- acres under nine center pivots
- Numerous water features and improvements providing abundant water for irrigation, livestock, wildlife, and recreation
- Modest but practical livestock and ranch facilities
- Excellent big game hunting, wing shooting, and largemouth bass fishing
- Year-round access on paved highways and good gravel roads
- Annual property taxes are approximately $20,000
- This offering involves the sale of the surface rights to the ranch only. Mineral rights to be reserved by the seller at closing.
Cattle, hay, and machinery are not included in the offering price but available for purchase
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.