This listing is not active.Search Active Listings in Davis County, IA.
This is a beautiful combination farm that offers tillable acres, CRP, excellent hunting, nice building sites, fishing, and it happens to be located in a neighborhood with over 2000 acres of trophy managed hunting properties. Everyone wants to be in a managed neighborhood. Here’s your chance! The majority of the landowners in the neighborhood won’t harvest bucks until they reach at least five years old so the owner of this property should benefit from the neighborhood’s management practices. There are approximately 37 acres of cropland and 12 acres CRP with the remainder in timber, draws, and brush. There are some incredibly thick bedding areas on the property, and there are 20 – 30 acres of old overgrown pasture on the west side of the farm that will continue to provide better and better bedding habitat over the years. This property has some of the most unreal late season food plot set-ups you will find. There is also an incredible amount of south facing cover that will help hold whitetails on this farm during the winter months. A stocked pond on the northeast side of the property offers excellent fishing. There are some awesome building sites for a home or cabin on the north end of the farm with incredible views of the Soap Creek valley to the south. Call me with questions about the property, the neighborhood, or to schedule a showing.
- Located about 10 minutes south of Ottumwa and 15 minutes northwest of Bloomfield
- Approximately 38 tillable acres with an average CSR2 of 35 - open for the 2019 farming season - cash rent income potential should be in the $125 - $150 an acre range or between $4750 - $5700 per year
- There are 12.7 acres of CRP in 2 contracts, one expires in 2023, the other expires in 2033, with annual CRP payments of $1795/year
- Total income potential from farming and CRP is in the $6545 - $7495 per year range if the tillable if cash rented
- Located in a neighborhood with around 2000 acres of properties that are strictly managed for trophy bucks with the goal of letting them reach 5 years old or older before harvesting them
- Nice combination of crop land, CRP, timber, cedar thickets, and old overgrown pasture - awesome habitat for deer and turkeys
- Unreal food plot locations! You could have a couple of slam dunk late season food plots on this farm. Simply leave a few acres of standing crops in the right places and the late season hunting would be incredible with all the timber and cover to draw deer from.
- Several potential building sites offer amazing view of Soap Creek Valley to the south
- Annual taxes are currently $1546/year
Call agent for directions.
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Davis County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.